Dynamic Waterjet Cutting Services
Our Dynamic waterjet services with Active Tolerance Control produces parts with more accuracy and faster cutting speeds than traditional waterjets. Hydrojet’s system and machine uses an articulating wrist which adjusts the angle of the cutting heads to provide a perpendicular edge on the part. This eliminates issues associated with taper so parts can be produced net on the waterjet, reducing downstream machining operations and cost.
In addition to the new Dynamic technology, a Hyperpressure pump operating at 87,000psi has been added. This pump provides the option of either cutting significantly faster or with greater accuracy. The decision is based on the required surface finish of the part.
Waterjet Cutting Specifications:
- 3, 5 and 6 axis waterjet machining services
- Net or Near-Net cutting of complex shapes and contours to +/- .003
- Kerf width .005″ min waterjet
- Kerf width .030″ min abrasive jet
- Cutting up to 8″ thick
- Large work envelope: 10’ x 13’
- No heat affected zones
- Ring machining
Waterjet Cutting Advantages:
- Fast, economical machining of virtually all metallic and non metallic materials assures accuracy and quality while reducing costs
- Omnidirectional – Shapes, contours and bevels are cut using full capability of robotic manipulation
- Cuts without heat – unlike cutting with flame, plasma, laser or stamping which produces heat affected zones and fatigue zones – there is no thermal distortion or degradation of materials
- Physical and chemical characteristics of materials cut are unaffected
- Superb edges, even on laminates and composites, without delamination
- Usually no additional machining or secondary finishing required
When you choose Hydrojet, you are acquiring the services of a company that has been in the business for decades. Every machine we own is state-of-the-art, and you can rest assured that your parts will be delivered on time and without any errors. Our facility is new, kept clean, and all work that is done is overseen by one of our trained specialists.
To learn more about our composites tooling company, waterjet cutting machine, aerospace composites, multi axis machining services, or any of our other services, just browse our site, or reach out to us at any time.